Team HomeBuilding makes the dream of owning a quality home a reality for hard working families in Snohomish County, Washington.
Team HomeBuilding has a new address!
Visit us at 3331 Broadway, #10
Everett, WA 98201
What is Team HomeBuilding?
Housing Hope's Team HomeBuilding program is based on a United States Department of Agriculture Rural Development program called Mutual Self Help Housing. This national program has been in existence since 1976 and has helped more than 50,000 families fulfill their dream of homeownership.
* Building Groups are comprised of five to ten, low to moderate income Owner/Builders providing “sweat equity” instead of a down payment
* Owner/Builders need a source of steady income. You will have a monthly mortgage payment. Payments don’t start until you move into your new home. These payments are often subsidized for those who have lower incomes which can reduce the payment (including taxes and insurance) to less than market rent for an apartment.
* Families can be as small as a single person who may or may not have any children. Many of our Owner/Builders are single parents.
* Team HomeBuilding is an Equal Opportunity Program. Accommodations can be made for Owner/Builders with disabilities.
* Each Team member works on all the homes within the Group and no one moves in until all the homes are completed in the Group.
* No construction experience is required. Everyone can find a role in which they can help complete the project. To conform to state labor and safety laws, no one under the age of 18 is allowed on the work site.
* A full time Construction Supervisor is present on site to help guide the Team’s efforts.
* One third of the work is hired out and performed by subcontractors. The balance is done by the Owner/Builders, their families, friends and community volunteers.
* Owner/Builders will be working with other Team members on a wide range of tasks. There are an amazing number of things that need to be done when building a house.
* Housing Hope is a local nonprofit based in Everett Washington since 1987 and has been leading self-help housing and the Team HomeBuilding department since 1990. We have helped 301 families achieve their goal of Home Ownership throughout Snohomish County.
Watch homeowners talk about building and owning their new homes in Monroe, built through Housing Hope's Team HomeBuilding Homeownership Program.
How do I apply?
If you dream of owning a home, call 425.322.3723 x230 leave your name and mailing address to have the application mailed to you or email to request the application to be mailed to you. Or download the application here. Para información en español, haga clic aquí.
* Low Monthly Payments
* Interest Rates as low as 1%
* Why rent, when you could have a house payment lower than your rent?
* "0" Down Sweat Equity Loans
* Energy Star Homes
* Three to four bedrooms
* 2 bathrooms
* Two car garage
* Households may qualify with income as low as $42,000 ($3,500 per month). Upper-income limits are based on household size (i.e. A family of eight can earn as much as $116,900 per year.)
Please note: Income is based on the 2019 Area Median Income (AMI) for Snohomish County published by the Washington State Housing Finance Commission. Subject to change. Incomes must be below 80% AMI as adjusted for household size.
Do I qualify for Team HomeBuilding?
You, or someone you know, may qualify if the following applies:
* You have an ongoing source of income that can be documented with a two-year work history.
* You have a combined household gross income (before taxes) of at least $3,500 per month.
* Low monthly credit card/loan debt obligations including deferred students loans, student loans are still considered as a monthly debt obligation even while in deferment.
* You have the will to provide labor and learn to assist in the building of new homes as a team instead of having to provide a cash down payment.
* You have a credit score of 640 or above.
* You are ready to work on any credit issues.
* You are a United States citizen or permanent resident.
Meeting all of these requirements indicates a strong candidate for the Housing Hope Team HomeBuilding Homeownership Program. The next step is to fill out and send in the prequalified application.
As a HUD Certified housing counseling agency, we can help create a personal action plan to become qualified.
Call (425) 322.3723 x230 or e-mail at email@example.com
Can I see photos of recent Team HomeBuilding finished projects?
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.